Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Coming at me



At my house, Christmas usually shows up during summer. The traditional unwrapping of colorful boxes filled with vintage Christmas tablecloths, exciting packages arriving from ebay and etsy (more vintage tablecloths) and the popular get-in-the-holiday-sewing-spirit-when-it's-hotter-inside-the-house-than-it-is-outside (fyi - if you're planning to move to the PNW, do not be led astray by those who say 'you don't really need air conditioning here' because 'you definitely do') all starts sometime in late June. That's when I'm still relaxed about everything in my sparkly dream-world scenario where I calmly craft an enormous, highly creative and well-made collection of items to sell on ebay, etsy, and at shows.
If only.



I do like sewing vintage Christmas because it's so in-your-face...red & green everything, clashing all over the place. That's Vintage Cat, helping with some photo styling. More about her to come. Also, she has both eyes in case you're wondering.




And now October is only one day away. That calm feeling is eroding (along with the sunshine and daylight here) and my studio definitely looks like the day after Christmas at the mall.  -amy

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy - I'm returning the favor and am feeling speechless as well. Not only do we have similar tastes, but similarly helpful kitties. Can't wait to keep reading! Any friend of Laurie's is a friend of mine - best wishes, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Vintage linens repurposed, I think that I am going to like it here.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so on the ball girl! Every year I swear I am going to get my christmas crafting started earlier. And here it is October and I haven't even started yet? Guess half of it will get pushed (again) until next year. xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the *mall*, you say? Somehow I seriously doubt it. And that flaky door there in the background - I love it. And the cat. Yes, the cat is cute, too. Welcome to blogland. It's an interesting place.
    -maria

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.