Friday, August 30, 2013

You Are Getting Very Sleepy.



…and when I count to three, you will awaken, open your eyes and remember nothing of the past three months.


Which ought to be pretty easy to do because there hasn’t been anything here to remember.

Hello! How are you?

I. Am. Fine.  Just wandered a little too close to the edge of the internet and fell off for a bit.

Here’s how I’ve been spending my internet summer vacation:


Feeling rustic for Fall. 

Keeping my space at Monticello Antique Marketplace filled and fluffed while looking ahead to the vintage Christmas holidays. Still waiting/hoping to find that big vintage Christmas score out there, somewhere.  An abandoned Shiny Brite ornament factory filled with long forgotten inventory would be ideal.

Which brings us to…

Fortunately I didn't spend an arm and a leg on these.

Yard sale-ing with mixed results.  Is it just me or does it seem as though yard sales are getting less awesome by the minute? Out here in the country, they’re my main source of vintage treasure during the summer months so every weekend I head out with my fingers crossed.

…and then head home with not nearly as much vintage treasure as I had hoped. Where has it all gone? I double-checked and it’s not in my garage.

Well, maybe a little is in there.

Heaven on earth in Alameda, CA

Junking with Ethel.  Earlier this month, she and I made a speedy trip down to the Alameda Antiques Faire (aka The Vintage Mother Ship) in the San Francisco bay area, with many, many stops along the way at antique malls, thrift stores, junk shops and anyplace else that caught our eye.

Currently obsessing over these mini diorama vintage ornaments

Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Missed you!

21 comments:

  1. We missed you too. Love those awesome doll limbs and heads...Oh yeah, Alameda really is the vintage mother ship! Hope you found some good stuff on your junkin' adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! I'm sleepy!
    Sweet Christmas ornies! There haven't been many garage sales this season. Maybe everyone has gotten rid of the "stuff"! I'm having a garage sale in Sept. Gotta make room for the cars before the S__W comes!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure have missed you & your blog!
    Glad to hear you're having fun 'treasure hunting'. I still miss all the fabric goodies you used to sew up & sell on Etsy!!
    I started a new venture of my own...visit us at www.barnquiltstore.com or our Etsy shop!
    ♥'s
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth looks great, Amy!
    I've got a hankering for a Monticello trip in a big way.
    Good to have you back on the net, although I think extended breaks from all things online are good for the soul.
    p.s. I will be dreaming about those miscellaneous baby body parts tonight and I'm pretty sure it won't be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The edge of the internet must be a strange place... : )
    Glad you're back! I like your day dream about finding an abandoned Shiny Brite factory. I'd probably have a heart attack though and not be able to enjoy it!
    Cool diorama ornaments. They look like they'be never been taken out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those doll parts, yes I am creepy that way, and so happy to see you back in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought my connection was broken. Good to hear the yard sale stinkies are not just here on the East Coast. Oh, wait, that's not good. Where has all the vintage gone? (I may have a little as well).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So glad you are back. I missed your blogging but was so happy to finally get to meet you at Plucky :-)

    ~Erica

    ps....if I find that abandoned Shiny Brite factory before you, I'll leave the key under the mat:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back! I've missed your wit and vintage finds. Hope you find that awesome stash of Christmas vintageness soon....Christmas is only weeks away for us booth vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FINALLY! you are getting very sleepy....I would prefer to have you snap your fingers and wake up to find myself on another vintage excursion with you (seeing a blog post is a good second choice tho). In the future please keep away from the internet edge...have missed your posts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see you blog because I usually get a laugh....but this time I'm sleepy. What is it with doll parts lately? Every one seems to have pictures of them and they scare me. Love those diorama ornaments!! Hope to get to Montys soon to see your booth...it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely summer!! Love those diorama ornaments!! So neat! I have couple similar, but not as cute as yours! Happy weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOORAY! So glad you're back. After a while, I started worrying the title of your last post was a secret message. :-) Glad all is well. As always, your booth looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back!! :) Love the doll limbs and Christmas ornaments!! Wishing you a lovely weekend! Happy Labor Day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're back. And FYI, the Shiny Brite factory was Corning Glass Works in Corning, NY, where Shiny Brites were made for many years, but, sadly, not anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, welcome back! Your Christmas ornaments are pretty cool. I have a few of those, but the deer are laying sideways or the tree have been knocked down. I think little kids used to like to put their fingers in them or something!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were missed! And as you can tell, I've done a remarkable job keeping up with blog reading. Much of my summer involved a dying, now dead, not mourned, laptop. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you're back! I always enjoy your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your posts - shared your link with my blogging students!

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.