Sunday, May 11, 2014

Do you see what I see?




All photos can be clicked to enlarge

Or maybe the real question is, “Do you want to see what I see?”

Or even “Would you want to see what I see?”

Because if you do, you can.

My friend Ethel has gotten me hooked on yet another internet time vacuum fun way to share those random vintage moments that pop up throughout the day and if you’d like to come along, you can see photos of them as they happen.

Whoa.


That’s right! For example, when I spy a piece of rare vintage barkcloth and it's not for sale, you can feel my pain in real time!

I can only guess that the question you’re now asking yourself is, “Where in the world do I sign up for that?!”

On Instagram.  

It’s a great way to feel confident and assured that you’ll never miss an exciting moment such as this:



Or this:



Or even this:



All with riveting captions from me and occasional comments from the internet.

I’m addicted.

So if you want to see what I see, just follow along on your smartphone. It’s easy to download the free Instagram app and follow IntoVintage. The app also allows you to leave comments and to heart the photos that you, well, heart.

The other option for viewing photos on Instagram is to use it on your computer via the Instagram website.  You can also take a sneak peek of my photos by clicking here.

I follow lots of my favorite bloggers along with new-to-me vintage loving folks I discovered while exploring Instagram.

And if you’re posting your photos on Instagram, please leave me your Instagram user name in the comments section so I can see what you see too.



13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder! I have had a note on my desk to sign up for Instagram for several weeks and finally did it. I am buttonsaver but you you probably got some notice that I'm following you by now. Sheesh, sounds creepy....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! I have missed you! I haven't been blogging much lately and didn't realize you were back at it. I just started following you on instagram too! Wow! Too many exclamation marks! Must stop! You are always one of my favorites to come see what you are up too. Did you see how I restrained myself with that last sentence? I know you're proud of me! (whoops!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to introduce you into the world of Instagram and the addiction it brings! I saw I had a new follower named buttonsaver and wondered if it was Kathy..now I know! Love following you along on your daily adventures..if I can't be by your side Instagram is the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lord. Guess I'd better get hip and sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ridiculous, isn't it? I am so hooked on IG that I can't ever be without my phone! My son told me I post more pics than anybody he knows. I told him I had to!! People are dying to see my photos!! They are, right? Super happy that you and Ethel are on board. Like mini blog posts throughout the day.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I signed up for an account like 2 years ago... and honestly got bored with it. Mostly everyone posts their instagram photos to facebook or facebook photos to instagram, etc etc... Maybe I'm the weird one that doesn't really "get it"...? ;) OR - maybe I should give it another shot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I am feeling my age. I'm not doing Pinterest and not doing Instagram. So...If I choose one I guess it would be Instagram. OK, since my favorite blogger friends and other friends are on it I guess I better buck up and join in! I have so much to learn :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many addictions is one person allowed to have? I'm scared to add IG to the list of obsessions I'm currently juggling. I have to write myself notes to remember to do real life things (like drink water....it's on my to do list for reals) but I never have to remind myself to check my Pinterest feed.
    Funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vintage goodies make me want to jump on the IG wagon, but I'm afraid I'd never be able to pull myself off. You'll be the first to know if I ever get there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, your feed is going to be so much fun to follow! I'm andromedavintage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a sucker for Instagram, and the neat thing is that I find is that it compliments blogging very well. You get little peeks into a blogger/crafters regular life, and quick shots of wip's that they're working on and to see things they might not feel worth posting about in an acutal blog post, but is perfect for Instagram. I love it, I'm hooked!

    Here's me: http://instagram.com/lisaleggett

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just signed up this week, too! I'm following you on Ig now...and your blog and peppermintBark on Etsy. Yep, it's another reason to go to a twelve step meeting:) I'm hastypearl, so you will know who that is now! Create On! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.